Whitney Plasma-Punch Combination Machines
Value Proposition: Our combination plasma-punch machines will produce more parts per day from steel and aluminum plate than any other process including standalone laser, plasma and waterjet machines. Furthermore, these parts will cost less than those made from the other technologies. Read on to discover how Whitney’s Profit Doubler will maximize your return on investment.
Model Comparison Chart | vs. Standalone Laser | vs. Standalone Plasma Quality Parts | Parts Gallery | CNC Control Upgrades
Combination machines use the fastest technologies
to make parts Punching and Plasma Cutting.
- Punched holes provide accurate internal features.
- It is faster to punch holes than to pierce and contour holes with plasma or laser.
- External features are plasma cut. Advanced plasma-cutting technology provides highly productive contouring (much faster than laser) with high quality.
- Small kerf angle (vertical cuts)
- Dross-free cutting
- Additional features such as forming (countersinks, tread plate, louvers), drilling and tapping can be added to eliminate additional downstream operations, allowing parts to be completed in a single operation.
Economics drive customers desires for combination machines.
- More productive than either stand-alone laser or stand-alone plasma
- Parts produced from combination machines cost significantly less than other processes.
- Whitney can do a free analysis of your drawings with our Investment Advisor fabricated parts analysis program.
The Whitney PROFIT-DOUBLER
With Whitney combination machines, two factors combine to create much higher profits than any other technology:
- Parts made on Whitney combination machines cost less than any other process. This creates a higher profit per part than standalone laser, plasma or waterjet cutting machines.
- Not only does each part cost less to produce, Whitney combination machines also produce more parts, each part with a profit advantage over other processes. This creates a higher profit per hour than any other technology.
Here’s how it works:
Cycle times are faster!
Whitney combination machines use the fastest technologies to produce parts from plate. Punching holes takes less than one second per feature, regardless of size. Whitney machines can punch holes up to 5.00”/127mm in diameter.
Whitney combination machines use plasma cutting technology to produce the exterior contours of fabricated metal parts. Today’s plasma cutting systems are significantly faster than laser or waterjet, and can be used for a variety of materials mild steel, stainless steel, and aluminum.
The combined effect of punching and plasma cutting yield significant cycle time advantages over any other process.
- Manufacturing costs are lower using the combination machine technology.
- Labor costs are lower because it takes significantly less time to manufacture the parts.
- Operating costs are lower.
- Amortization of capital costs is significantly lower since
- Lower initial capital cost than laser
- Faster cycle time Cost of capital per fabricated part is lower because capital costs are amortized over more fabricated parts.
- Higher profit per partLower overall cost per piece gives a higher profit margin per piece.
- More parts generating profitSince more parts are produced (in the same amount of time) on a combination machine, there are more parts generating profit than on the other technologies.
Whitney Fiber Laser | 6kW-6g
Plasma-Punch Combination Machines Overview
657 | 3400 XP | 3400 HEAVY | 3400 HXT | 3700 SST | 4400 MAX | Model Comparison Chart
Plasma-Punch vs. Standalone Laser | Plasma-Punch vs. Standalone Plasma | Quality Parts
Plasma Machining Center | Plasma-Punch Automation | Applications | Parts Gallery | Video
ADVANTAGE High Precision Plasma Cutting System
CNC Fabricators | Applications | Parts Gallery | Video
Portable Presses | Choosing a Portable Press | Applications | Parts Gallery
Shears | Coper-Notcher-Benders
28XX™, 36TC™ & 44TC™ Tooling | Special Tooling | Accessories | TuffSkin™ Premium Tooling
Eclipse & SlugMagic™ Dies | Clearance Chart | Parts Gallery | Applications
© 2013 MegaFab - All Rights Reserved